Super silky and smooth, this hummus will be the crowd pleaser at any of your spring gatherings! Made with fresh Camellia garbanzo beans and a Mediterranean inspired topping, you’ll never reach for the premade version again!
- 1 lb. garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp ice water
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roasted red bell pepper
- Kalamata olives
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Wash and soak beans overnight.
- Boil in baking soda for 25 minutes or until beans are soft. Drain and run under cool water. Place in bowl with water and agitate beans to release the skins. The skins will float then can be easily removed. Drain beans thoroughly.
- In a food processor blend garlic, salt and lemon juice. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. This will remove that raw garlic bite.
- Add in tahini and blend with ice water. Add in drained beans and blend until smooth, adding olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Spoon mixture onto serving dish.
- For topping, toss tomatoes in olive oil. Preheat oven-safe pan to 500 degrees or under broiler. Place tomatoes in until skin is charred.
- Place charred tomatoes into a bowl and add diced roasted red peppers, olives, herbs and spoon mixture on-top plated hummus. Top with olive oil and feta cheese.
- Serve with pita chips or fresh pita bread.