Here they are... beautiful Louisiana seafood stuffed peppers topped with that Beurre Blanc, y'all!
- 5 bell peppers
- 2 lb. shrimp
- 8 oz crab
- 1/2 cp white wine
- 1/2 cp panko plus topping
- 1/2 can cream of shrimp soup
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
- boiling seasonings
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- Italian seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter
- Boil the shrimp. Let cool and peel. Rough chop.
- Prep peppers by halving and removing seeds and membrane. Scald in boiling water for 3-5 minutes depending how you like your peppers' final texture.
- Sauté onions until soft. Add in garlic and season with Cajun seasoning and Italian herbs. Deglaze with wine and reduce slightly. Add in juice from one lemon and 1 tbsp butter.
- Add in cream of shrimp and cream of mushroom.
- Stir in green onions and parsley. Add shrimp, crab and breadcrumbs and fold mixture to combine. Do not overmix and break up crabmeat.
- Stuff mixture into pre-cooked peppers and top with grated Parmesan and panko.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then broil until browned on top.
- I topped with Beurre Blanc sauce but that’s optional!!