Join me on this wild ride of champagne 🍾 wishes and crawfish 🦞 dreams… a brunch right out of the fancy part of the bayou!!!!
- 3/4 lb. peeled crawfish
- 1 boiled onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cp panko breadcrumbs
- 6 parsley leaves
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- Boiling water
- 2 pats butter
- 4 eggs for poaching
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 lb. butter melted and clarified (still hot)
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Juice from one orange
- Chop onion and crawfish together until fine. Add in 1 egg and panko breadcrumbs and mix well. Form into cakes and cover with more panko. Place in fridge while preparing the rest.
- Make hot water cornbread by heating water to a boil. Add cornmeal and salt to a bowl. Slowly drizzle in hot water until playdough like consistency forms. Add in butter and mix to combine. Wet hands and form into patties and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry patties and cakes until browned well. Set aside.
- Bring a shallow dish of water to a very light simmer and add in 1 tsp of vinegar. Crack eggs into a smaller dish and gently place them into the simmering water. Let them poach for 3 1/2 minutes then set on paper towels.
- Make hollandaise by adding 4 yolks to a blender. Add 1 tsp vinegar, salt and citrus juice. Blend. Slowly add in about 1 tbsp of hot butter to allow eggs to temper. After a bit, slowly drizzle in the rest of the butter with blender on.
- Assemble with corn cake, crawfish patty, poached egg and hollandaise.
- Serve with champagne!! 🍾