Unlocking the secrets of my wife's irresistible CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD 🍌🍫✨ Discover the recipe that will elevate your baking game to a whole new level. Dive into the delicious world of homemade goodness!
- 1/2 cup of brown butter (or plain, melted)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and white sugar, stirring until well incorporated. Then, add the two large eggs and the teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix these wet ingredients thoroughly, and set the bowl aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt until they are well combined.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until they are just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Next, add in the 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and the mashed overripe bananas. Mix until the yogurt and bananas are well integrated into the batter.
- Gently fold in the 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips into the batter. Make sure they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan to prevent sticking.
- Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake the banana bread in the preheated oven for approximately 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If the toothpick hits a chocolate chip and has chocolate residue on it, try another spot as it may give a false reading.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it. This cooling period helps the bread to set and become easier to slice without falling apart.