Elevate your Smothered Eggplant with a Cajun twist! In this recipe, I use Cajun fresh sausage to infuse a burst of bold and spicy flavors into this classic Mediterranean dish. The rich, smoky notes of the sausage will harmonize with the creamy eggplant and tomato sauce, creating a fusion of tastes that's utterly irresistible. Join me for a culinary adventure that combines Mediterranean and Cajun influences to deliver a mouthwatering meal that's both comforting and exciting. Perfect for impressing guests or satisfying your own cravings.
- 4 large eggplant
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 links Cajun fresh sausage
- 1/2 quart chicken stock
- Boudreaux's Lil' Bit Better Creole seasoning
- Boudreaux's Low and Slow Simmer seasoning
- Olive oil
- Rough chop vegetables. Coat lightly with olive and roast at 400 for about an hour or till golden brown.
- Remove sausage from casing leaving it big chunks. Brown on medium-high heat in olive oil. Remove from pot and drain.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock. Add in sausage and tomatoes. Add seasoning to taste.
- Once vegetables are cooked add in to the pot. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.