Taking flight with flavors! 🛫 Dive into our succulent airline chicken breast, perfectly seared and drenched in a luxurious mushroom and sherry cream sauce. It's not just a dish; it's a first-class culinary journey. 🍗🍄🍷
- 2 chicken breast cut airline style if available.
- 1 package of baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 package of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup sherry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Finishing butter
- Seasoning of choice
- I used a whole chicken to get the cut that I wanted as the airline is not commonly sold. The airline is the chicken breast with the drum still attached. I also left the skin on for this. If you can’t find this and don’t want to trim a whole a chicken you can use skin on bone out chicken breast.
- Season with Cajun garlic seasoning and salt.
- Start with breast skin side down in a cool pan and place over medium heat.
- Once fat renders and skin is crispy, flip. These were really thick so I finished in the oven.
- Remove breast from pan and set on a rack to rest.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove excess dirt.
- Trim stems on baby Bellas and remove from shiitakes.
- Add into hot pan with chicken drippings and cook until mushroom are golden and browned nicely.
- Add in sherry and reduce to a syrup.
- Add in heavy cream and reduce until thick.
- Finish with a little butter and parsley.