These marinated and grilled peaches will elevate the mood of any date night. Spices, brown sugar and rum infuse these peaches which is further enhanced by grilling. Rich and decadent mascarpone cream sets a nice foundation. Drizzled with a dark balsamic reduction and given and elegant crunch with crushed biscotti.
- 2 peaches peeled and halved
- Dark rum of choice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cp heavy cream
- 8oz mascarpone cheese, softened
- 4 biscotti cookies
- 1/2 cp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Peel and halve peaches. Marinate with 1/4 cup rum, brown sugar, pinch of salt and black pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Place in a plastic bag and marinate at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan add balsamic vinegar and white sugar. Reduce until it’s a thick syrup. I recommend doing this outside as the smell could be quite strong.
- Make cream by beating by hand or by mixer 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar, mascarpone cheese and 2 tbsp rum. Beat until thick and we’ll combined. Place in a pastry bag if you have one.
- Set grill up to high heat. Grill peaches on each side until charred. Cut peaches into 1“chunks.
- Place in glass or bowl with cream first. Top with peaches. Drizzle on reduction and crumble cookies on top.