Indulge in the sweet heat of Hot Honey Butter Cornbread — a golden, crumbly delight that marries the comforting texture of classic cornbread with a fiery twist. Each slice is glazed with a luscious layer of hot honey butter, creating a melt-in-your-mouth experience that's both warming and irresistibly sweet. Perfect as a standalone treat or as a side to your favorite dishes, this cornbread is sure to ignite your palate with every bite!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup hot honey, divided
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix butter with 1/4 cup hot honey.
- Spoon half of butter mixture into cast iron skillet and place in oven to melt.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add egg, buttermilk and remaining 1/4 cup hot honey; whisk to incorporate.
- Pour batter over hot, melted butter in skillet and bake about 20 minutes.
- Add remaining butter mixture to top of baked cornbread and bake an additional 5 minutes.