Indulge in the symphony of flavors with our Camellia brand Great Northern White Beans, slow-cooked to perfection with smoky turkey necks and spicy andouille. A Southern classic reimagined, this dish is a heartwarming blend of tradition and gourmet delight. Dive in and let your taste buds dance! 🍲🌶️🦃
- 1 lb. Camellia Great Northern White Beans
- 1 stick of andouille sausage, cut to preference
- 8-10 smoked turkey necks or legs
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 qt chicken stock
- Water as needed
- Boudreaux's Lil Bit Better Creole Seasoning
- Boudreaux's Low and Slow Simmer Seasoning
- Light oil for sautéing
- Rinse beans thoroughly, removing any impurities. Soak overnight and drain before using.
- In a large pot, brown the andouille sausage in light oil.
- Add diced onions and bell peppers to the pot and sauté until softened. Stir in minced garlic.
- Pour in chicken stock, add turkey necks, and season with Boudreaux's seasonings. Let the mixture simmer for about an hour.
- Incorporate the drained beans and add enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Continue cooking until the turkey necks are fork-tender and the meat can be easily separated from the bones.
- Remove turkey necks from the pot, allow them to cool slightly, then debone, ensuring all bones are removed.
- As the beans soften, they'll create a creamy texture. Reduce the liquid to your desired consistency.
- Stir the deboned turkey meat back into the pot and remove from heat once everything is well combined.
- Serve your flavorful bean mixture over rice and enjoy with your favorite side dish!