You love pumpkin pie? Bet you'll love mine! Let's talk about a little slice of heaven that screams fall - the Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Pie with Pecan Streusel. Imagine digging into a slice where creamy cheesecake and pumpkin puree do a little tango, creating a gorgeous swirl in every bite. And let's not skip over the streusel - oh, that sweet, crumbly topping with pecans that add the perfect crunch. It’s like a big, warm hug for your taste buds. Perfect for when you're curled up in a sweater, or, you know, anytime you need a pumpkin spice fix. So, grab a fork (or just use your hands, I won't judge) and get ready to fall in love with every bite. 🍂🥧
- 1 small pumpkin or use canned (1-1/2 cups of pumpkin flesh needed)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp flour
- Half stick cold butter cubes
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
Favorite pie crust
- I cut the small pumpkin in half and remove the seeds. Place upside down on a sheet pan and roast until flesh is soft. About 1 hour. Make sure the pumpkin variety is good for cooking. (Typical carving pumpkins aren’t the best for cooking)
- Once roasted scoop out and mash 1-1/2 cups of the pumpkin flesh.
- Make custard by combining the rest of the filling ingredients and mixing well to remove clumps. If bourbon isn’t used you can add a bit of vanilla.
- Make cheesecake filling by mixing softened cream cheese with remaining ingredients.
- Fill pie crust with pumpkin filling and lightly dollop cream-cheese filling on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Make streusel by rough chopping pecans in a food processor. Then add in flour, sugar, spice and cold butter. Pulse until a soft crumble forms.
- About halfway through baking time, top pie with streusel and return to oven to finish baking until golden brown.