A sensation breakfast or brunch item this STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CRUNCH is a next level menu item!!! Featuring a mascarpone filling and BANANAS 🍌🍌 FOSTER TOPPING with toasted pecans this will make you a rockstar 🎸🎸🎸🤘🤘🤘!!!!
- 2 slices thick cut bread (left out overnight)
- 3 cp flake cereal. I used Special K vanilla almond. Corn flakes can be used
- 1 banana 🍌
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cp light brown sugar
- 1 cp dark rum plus 2 tbs
- 2 tbs chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs white sugar
- 8 tbs mascarpone
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbs powder sugar
- Make mascarpone cream by mixing cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar and 1 tbs rum. Place in a piping bag or a Ziplock like I used.
- In a processor coarsely chop cereal.
- Toast pecan pieces in a dry pan and reserve.
- Make topping by melting 3 tbs butter and brown banana slices. Once slightly caramelized add brown sugar and cook for 1 min. Add in rum and cook till syrup like consistency. Add salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 pinch nutmeg. Set aside.
- Make egg custard by adding 4 eggs, 1 tbs rum, white sugar, and spices to shallow bowl and whisking.
- Soak bread in custard mixture. Once saturated shake off excess and press into cereal mixture.
- In a sauté pan melt remaining butter until bubbly and add in crusted bread. Cook until crispy on each side.
- Assemble by putting one slice of bread down. Pipe on mascarpone cream. Top with remaking slice. Pour on topping and sprinkle with toasted pecans.