Winner winner, ain’t nothing like a good steak dinner!!!! This is a beautifully marbled Wagyu Denver steak topped with a bone marrow and roasted garlic compound butter served with mashed potatoes and charred rainbow chard.
- Steak of choice
- 2 crosscut beef bones
- 2 sticks softened butter
- Roasted garlic
- 2 Idaho potatoes
- 1 cp cream
- Salt pepper
- Rainbow chard or leafy greens
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Prime beef and chop seasoning
- Bake potatoes at 350 until soft about 3 hours. You can also boil them to save time.
- Roast bones on smoker at 300 for 1 hour until fat is rendered and marrow is soft.
- Let steak sit at room temp on a wire rack for at least an hour to dry surface.
- Mix marrow, 1 tbsp roasted garlic, salt, pepper and parsley to make compound butter.
- Heat cream and 2 tbsp of compound butter to a simmer.
- Peel potatoes and add to a bowl with hot cream and butter. Smash well and give a good whip.
- Lightly coat steak with olive oil and season generously with prime beef and chop seasoning.
- Wash chard and remove the end of the stalk. Season with white wine vinegar, salt pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Get grill very hot on direct setting. Sear steaks on all side until desired temp is reached.
- Sear chard just until wilted and remove.
- Let steak rest at least 10 minutes and slice and serve.