Ready to shake up your sandwich routine? Check out my Oyster BLT with a twist! I've jazzed up the classic BLT with crispy fried oysters, seasoned to perfection with Boudreaux's Fire and Smoke. But wait, there's more – it's all about that homemade aioli, mixing Blue Plate Mayo with a dash of spiced tomato jam for some serious yum. Layered between your go-to bread with smoky bacon, fresh lettuce, and tomato, this sandwich is a flavor party in every bite. Perfect for a fancy-ish lunch or impressing your friends at dinner. Trust me, ya'll gotta try this!
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 8-12 fresh oysters
- 2 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons Blue Plate Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon spiced tomato jam
- Boudreaux's Fire and Smoke seasoning (to taste)
- 1 cup fish fry mix
- Oil for frying (enough for deep frying)
- Tomato slices (as needed)
- Bib lettuce (as needed)
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of Blue Plate Mayonnaise with 1/2 tablespoon of spiced tomato jam. Mix well and set aside.
- Season the bacon slices with Boudreaux's Fire and Smoke seasoning. Cook them indirectly on a grill over low heat to render the fat. Continue cooking to your desired level of doneness, flipping as needed.
- Lightly coat the oysters with the seasoned fish fry mix. Heat the oil to 350°F and fry the oysters just until they are crispy or to your preferred doneness.
- Toast the bread slices to your liking. Start building your sandwich by spreading a generous amount of the spiced aioli on one side of the toast. Layer with bib lettuce and tomato slices. Add the cooked bacon and top with the crispy fried oysters. Close the sandwich with the other slice of toast.