Indulge in a culinary delight with this Spicy Citrus Orzo featuring succulent Gulf shrimp and blackened scallops, ignited with the fiery touch of La Pepper Exchange's Red Limo Pepper Purée. This vibrant dish combines zesty citrus flavors with the perfect amount of heat from the pepper purée. Each bite reveals tender shrimp and scallops nestled in a flavorful bed of orzo, creating a symphony of taste sensations that will leave your palate craving more. Get ready to ignite your taste buds with this irresistible blend of spicy and citrusy goodness!
12 large shrimp
12 large scallops
1 lb. box orzo pasta
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
4 cups water
1 tsp Red Limo Pepper Purée
1 ea. Lime, blood orange, and tangerine
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
3/4 cup heavy cream
Green onions for garnish
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté minced garlic and shallots until soft.
- Add orzo to the pan and toast slightly. Deglaze with white wine.
- Gradually add water, starting with 2 cups, and continue adding as needed until the pasta is almost cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Season with Boudreaux's Prime Beef and Chop Seasoning.
- Stir in Red Limo Pepper Purée, citrus juice, grated Parmesan, and heavy cream. Cover and let the orzo steam while you prepare the seafood.
- Peel, clean, and devein the shrimp. Remove the tendon from the scallops. Pat the seafood dry and season with Boudreaux's Lil Bit Better Blackening Seasoning.
- Heat a pan with olive oil over high heat. Add the seafood in a single layer and cook until a beautiful crust forms, approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Plate the creamy orzo, then top with the blackened scallops and shrimp.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan, thinly sliced green onions, and a lime wedge.