This whole roasted cauliflower is as elegant as it delicious. The caramelization of the cauliflower from roasting whole gives it a unique taste as well as texture. Served with tzatziki sauce this will impress one or many. Enjoy!!!
- whole head of cauliflower
- 1 stick butter softened
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan
- 2 tbs chicken broth
- 1 cp Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon juices and rind
- 1/2 cucumber seeded and grated or fine chopped
- fresh black pepper
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Prepare cauliflower by removing all green leaves from core. Cut stem as short as possible.
- Make garlic paste by fine mincing then applying salt and running knife blade over the minced garlic. Reserve 1 tsp for sauce.
- Make compound butter by mixing garlic parsley and softened butter.
- Smear 1/2 of the butter on the cauliflower and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Place in a Dutch oven with chicken stock and cover. A sheet pan can be used with foil to cover if needed but try to tent the foil above the cauliflower, so it doesn’t touch.
- Bake at 425 convection for 45 min.
- Make sauce by combining yogurt, cucumber, remaining garlic paste, lemon juice and rind, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Remove cover from cauliflower and spread on remaining butter and top with Parmesan cheese. Cook 15 more minutes until browned.
- Serve whole and can be cut tableside into wedges with sauce.