Need side dish inspiration for those beautiful springtime grill outs? Check out these perfect pit pinto beans with chorizo!!! They’ll go with any mix grill or fajita night. They're creamy, smoky, spicy and savory, and that’s why you need to give them a try!!!
- 1 bag Camellia pinto beans
- 1 qt plus chicken stock
- 1 pack chorizo
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- Ancho chili powder
- Creole seasoning
- Wash and sort pinto beans.
- Place beans in a pressure cooker and cover with chicken stock. Cook 45 minutes.
- Light grill, set up Dutch oven directly over coals.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove chorizo from casing and add with bacon, allowing to brown well.
- Add in onion and peppers. Once soft, add garlic.
- Add in precooked beans with juice and cover with more stock.
- Season to taste and allow to cook until thick and creamy.
- Serve with mixed grill items and enjoy.