Get ready to indulge in the ultimate Southern comfort dish—Smothered Okra with Smoked Sausage and Shrimp! 🌶️ Imagine tender okra simmered to perfection, mingling with smoky sausage and succulent shrimp in a rich, flavorful sauce. It's the kind of dish that warms your soul and leaves you craving for more.
- 1 lb. okra sliced
- 1 lb. smoked sausage
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 large onion
- 1 large bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel
- 1/2 qt chicken stock
- water as needed
- 1-2 tbsp white vinegar
- Boudreaux's Lil’ Bit Better Creole Seasoning
- Boudreaux's Low & Slow Simmer Seasoning
- Heat saucepan or pot on medium heat and line with oil. Brown cubes sausage. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Cook okra over high heat, stirring constantly. After 10 minutes add in vinegar and continue cooking on high heat. Cook until all slime has cooked out, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add in diced onion and bell pepper. Cook until soft and add garlic.
- Add in tomato and chicken stock. Deglaze bottom of pot. Season.
- Cook about 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours until desired consistency is achieved. Add water as needed and taste for seasoning.
- Add shrimp and cook just until pink. About 10-12 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve over white rice.